Thursday, March 10, 2011

simpler time


I have decided I am gonna live a simpler life. We will grow and raise our own food and make as much stuff as we can. I am gonna start making presents instead of buying them and only buy the food that I absolutely have to. Sometimes I think I would be happy if we lived on a farm that was so remote that we had to have our supplies flown in. I wonder if I could have the stuff I cannot raise myself mailed to me. I am even thinking about buying a flour mill. That would be so cool.

I have had a cold or bad allergies for the last week and I am also patiently waiting for Mohawk to have her babies. I am trying very hard to be patient but to be 100% honest I just want to go out and squeeze them babies out of her lol. I think it will be about another week at the most and I can wait that long.

It has been raining and raining and raining lately and I keep telling myself not to complain about the rain because we need one more summer where we have water in our well and hopefully God is willing to show us how to have the money to buy another well next summer. It is suppose to change to snow tonight and I am actually tired of that also but God is in control and he knows what he is doing and I am gonna trust him. I cannot wait for nice spring weather though.

Not only am I patiently waiting for Mohawk to have her babies, I am also waiting for my seeds and plants to come that I ordered for my garden. I even ordered a banana plant to grow in the house!!! Is that cool or what? I am also waiting for 20 baby chicks to come. I researched what kind of chicken I wanted because all the ones I have been buying from locals or from tsc are not big enough to eat so I ordered Silver Laced Wyandottes. They are supposed to be kind, lay through the winter, and also big enough to fill my pot. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm really wanting to buy a flour mill too. There is a blender called 'Vita-Mix' that supposidly does grind wheat etc. I'm going to look into that more. My aunt has one.

    ReplyDelete