Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Spring is coming


Spring is finally coming, I can feel it in the air. I love spring. It is the time of year that all the baby animals are born and everything is new. Flowers grow and trees bloom and it is time to start planning and preparing for my garden. I am planning on a bountiful garden this year. I have even started tree seedlings from apples. I think this is gonna be a good year.

The baby goats finally arrived. They were born on St. Patrick's Day. A doeling and a buckling. I named the doeling Joy because I was so happy that they finally arrived and the buckling is named Patrick since he was born on St. Patrick's Day. I have never been so excited in my life. I had been checking on Mohawk every few hours for weeks and on Thursday I knew she was getting close so I was making sure to check on her every 2 hours and she ended up having them while I was eating breakfast. I was on my way out to the barn to check on her before I took a shower and I was about half way there when I heard small bleating noises. Of course I ran the rest of the way to the barn. After I saw that they were out there and that there was 2 of them I ran to the trailer and woke up Doug and then went back to barn. After everyone was cleaned off and I knew they were healthy I called everyone. It was like I had a baby, lol. It is so nice being able to enjoy the simple things like the birth of new babies, even the animal ones. Now I am waiting for my chicks to arrive so that I can celebrate that.

My life is good. I really cant complain. Sure there are times that I see other people's farms and think of how nice it would be to live on one of them, but I really enjoy my life the way it is. There is no way to know if those people are happy. They might have really nice farms but very unhappy lives. You do not know a person's situation unless you have lived in their shoes. I am very blessed, I have a family that loves me and goats!! lol God has blessed me in many many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment