Sunday, May 29, 2011

Goats









I now have a total of 10 goats on my farm. I have twin nubians who are Nellie, she is my queen goat and the mother of twin doelings Bella who is pictured here on the right and Babylynn who is not pictured here, and Nellie's sister Mohawk who is the mother of twins also, Patrick who is now a wethered meaning he cannot get a girl goat pregnant and his sister Joy. All 4 of the babies are Nubian/Boer crosses. I also have 2 boer doelings that I bought last month, they are 75% boer and a quarter alpine, their names are Sweet Pea and Cheddar Fry. I also have a nubian/boer cross wether named Samson who is company for the Boer buckling I bought yesterday. The boer's name is Champ and he is pictured below.









It was an exhausting day yesterday having to do all of my normal chores plus drive almost 3 hours to where we were picking up Champ and then driving almost 3 hours back but I really enjoyed the scenery. Especially the windmills and the farms that we past. Doug has been wanting to build a windmill so he really enjoyed seeing them. I thought it was beautiful up against the really blue sky behind the farmhouse.














After we got back I still had to put together the shelter for Samson and Champ to sleep in. I had been working on it for quite awhile and it was finally time to put it together.




































No comments:

Post a Comment