Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Simple Things





It is the simple things in life that are the most worth enjoying. Like seeing a huge moth sitting on a blade of grass as my niece and I are walking up the driveway. I enjoy things like this alot more then watching tv. The fresh air makes you feel alive and watching television actually tires you out more and a nice walk can make you feel energized. When I am stressed I always feel better after doing some kind of activity then I do if I just sit around staring at the tv. I have had headaches go away while working in the garden. I wish people would learn to enjoy life more and see everything as a chance to have some joy. A relaxing evening for me could be just brushing out the goats or taking the dog for a walk, even though now my walks also include a cat, a dog, and 2 baby goats. I cant imagine what people think when they drive past, lol. I miss alot when I give into the temptation to sit and watch tv all day. It is hard not to just sit there and stare at the tv but when I make myself get up and move I feel so much better.






I noticed this morning that the peaches are starting to come

onto the trees. I cant wait to start canning and making

preserves. I also freeze the peaches for use later. My

favorite way to eat them is canned. I think they taste so

good. I did not have a good experience with my canning last year, my seals did not stay sealed but we learn from our mistakes and this year I am going to do a much better job. The raspberries should also be growing pretty soon and then I can have some more of those and make some jelly and ice cream and whatever else I decide to create with them. I still have some in the freezer from last year so I cant wait to get into using them also. My son likes raspberry cobbler, I really like raspberry ice cream and jelly. The blackberries will also be coming soon. 2 years ago we had tons of raspberries and only a few blackberries, last year it was tons of black berries and a few raspberries, wonder what it will be this year. I cant wait to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment