Thursday, May 19, 2011

Surgery



Mom had to have surgery on her arm today. It wasnt a major surgery and it was an outpatient surgery but I was still nervous. Mom was really nervous too. Sometimes I have a really hard time getting myself to leave the farm. I really love it here and do not like to go anywhere else but my mom needed me to be there for her so I went and I am so glad that I did. My mom is one of my best friends and I cant imagine life without her even though I know there will come a day when she will go to heaven and I will be happy for her at that time but very sad for me. When people die it isnt them that everyone is sorry for it is for

themselves because they will miss them. When my mom dies she will be in the best place there is to be. Heaven!!! I am plum tuckered out tonight. I still had to take care of the animals. I cannot neglect them just because I have something else to do. Goats still need fed and milked. Doug is an amazing husband and he fed the dogs and chickens for me but he is unable to milk the goats and they need milked to early for him anyway. Caitlyn is able to milk them but she has to go to school. Like I said life doesnt stop just cause I have something to do. After I milked and fed and showered and whatever else I had to do to get ready I spent most of the day at the hospital waiting around, which is exhausting even though it does not take much physical activity. After we got home I ran to the store and got mom's meds and a few groceries. Decided to stop at BK and get dinner, of course I forgot mom's sandwich, lol. Luckily I had bought her a turkey sandwich from the hospital cafeteria and she was able to eat that. About 6 o'clock I had to go home and feed and milk again. Which I might add I really did not feel like doing but Nellie ended up giving almost 2 quarts of milk tonight and I was happy about that. Way to go Nellie!!!! Lots of people were praying for my mom today. It just amazes me how many friends I have, most of the time I feel like I have no friends and then something happens to make me realize I have lots of friends, even ones I have never met in person and I love each and everyone of them and I am so blessed. I think my son needs picked up from work now so will post more tomorrow. Night all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment