Sunday, June 27, 2010

children

I still remember when my kids were young and I felt like I couldn't wait until they were grown. Well, now my children are both almost grown and sometimes I wish I could go back to when they were small. Things were much simpler then. I made all their decisions, lol.

I have learned through the years that I need to enjoy my kids at whatever age they are at. Whether it is the cranky toddler or the moody teen, both ages have something to enjoy. I used to love when my daughter would crawl up into my lap and sit with me and now I get to enjoy talking to her as a teen. Talking about school and different things going on in her life. I love that she talks to me about that stuff. I want her to always want to include me in what is going on. I am so proud of her. She is the sunshine in my day.

One of the hardest things is to let a child go before you think they are ready and to let him make his own choices. Watching him go down the wrong path is heartbreaking but sometimes that is exactly what you have to do and just wait for God to lead him back. I firmly believe that God will lead my son back to him and to us, it is just that the waiting is so hard and can be so painful at times. I also believe that God has given me the strength to endure all of this. God will not give me more then I can bear. I can always lean on him.

The timer just beeped on my oven so that means my raspberry muffins are ready, yippee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment