Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hot and humid

This is my dear husband by one of our pear trees
The summer days seem so humid this year. Either that or I am just getting old. I can hardly tolerate the heat this year. My mom took my daughter and I out for ice cream and wow did the cool treat hit the spot. The heat is making it hard for me to sleep tonight so I am trying to get the air conditioners to reach our bedroom. Doug will probably like that also.


It rained and stormed this morning so I was not able to pick any raspberries but looking forward to getting some in the morning. It is so nice when I can go out and harvest my own food. I cannot wait until our fruit trees are big enough to produce fruit. We have apple and pear trees. I also planted some blueberry bushes and strawberries this year but I do not expect any produce from any of the trees or bushes until at least next year. My cucumbers, zucchini, and corn are doing wonderful. My pepper plants seem to be struggling though. Hoping that giving them some more water helps. I also have carrots, beans, peas, potatoes, pumpkins, and tomatoes this year. Garden is doing wonderful. I don't know if Doug knows it or not but I see him out there taking pics of my garden all the time. I guess he is proud also. It is alot of hard work but it is so rewarding. I am so happy with my life. I am also trying to grow my own herbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment