Friday, June 18, 2010

Samson and me


Took Samson for a walk today by himself. I am hoping to teach him to pull a cart so I need to get him to go out without his bff Smallz. It went pretty good. I could tell he wanted to go back but he was a good boy. I love raising goats, I think they are the most affectionate loving animal. I would love to have every breed there is, lol. I gave Samson, Smallz, and my three does a good brushing cause they were getting kind of dirty and they all look lovely now.
While we were walking I noticed that all of the raspberry bushes were getting ripe berries on them so tomorrow morning I will be picking berries. I am getting low on the raspberry jelly I made last spring so that is definitely one of the things I will be making. Also looking forward to cobblers, pies, cakes, and anything else I can think of. Maybe I will try a raspberry ice cream, yummy.
I am trying hard lately to find things to entertain myself besides tv and computer games. I am kinda hooked on them and I think there are so many better ways to spend my time. Like sitting outside and just relaxing. It is nice to sometimes just sit outside and not do anything except enjoy the sunshine. My mom says I live in the olden days lol. She teases me sometimes and says that we dont even use a fridge to keep our stuff cold that we use an ice box which isn't true of course. We have a refrigerator and a chest freezer in our kitchen, both run by electric I might add. I might be considered old fashioned in most of my ways that I do stuff but I am also happy and that is what matters the most. I believe I am leading the life that God wants me to lead and I feel wonderful and content.

No comments:

Post a Comment