Thursday, June 17, 2010

intro

I have never done this before so please bear with me. I am a 36 year old housewife and a couple years ago my husband and I decided to move to PA and start a farm. It isn't a huge one but gets bigger by the day. We raise goats, and chickens. We also have a couple bunnies and way too many dogs, seeing as how my daughters dog just had 7 puppies a couple months ago. We try to raise as much of our own food as possible. We have a small garden that I try to make bigger every year, hopefully some day it will be big enough that I can can enough of it to last until the next harvest. I will be breeding my goats in September and then after they go into milk I will be able to make cheese, soap, etc. I would not say that I have an easy life but I would say that I have a very good one. I believe that being self sufficient is the best way to go and we are definitely headed that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment