Monday, June 21, 2010

day off

This is a picture of Mohawk
Sundays are supposed to be my day off. For one thing God gave it as a day of rest and I believe that everyone needs to take one day each week off to rest and reflect on all the things that God has given us. It seems hard for me though to just relax for a day. It started out well. I went to church and then went to a farmer's market and to get ice cream with my mom. But then I got back to the farm lol and after I made lunch I decided to go for a little walk and check the raspberries. Ended up walking for 2 or 3 hours picking berries. I got a good many but was definitely not what I would call resting, lol. Then we decided to trim the goats hooves and for some reason them little bratts decided they were gonna fight me about it. I literally had to hold Mohawk in a standing position while I trimmed her hooves. By the time I was finished with all 3 girls I thought I was gonna collapse. One funny thing happened though. We could not convince them to jump up on the stand to get their hooves done we were having to lift them up on, which is no easy task cause they each weigh over 100 pounds. Well, by the time we go to the third one I asked Doug to go get one of the car ramps and I would try walking her up it and as soon as Doug left the bar the ornery goat jumped right up onto the stand and let me trim her hooves, lol. Goats, who knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment