Thursday, June 17, 2010

Today was a busy day on the farm. I baked bread this morning. Mmmmm.....I always make a
loaf of cinnamon bread along with the white bread. Homemade bread is so much better then store bought. It tastes better and if you make something yourself then you know for sure what is in it. I am a firm believer in that.
Cleaned fridge today, can't believe we were eating food out of it, lol.
Weeded the garden today and found 3 tomato plants that I didn't plant. I think that makes about 13 tomato plants total. We should not be lacking tomatoes this year. Hopefully have some produce to sell once I start harvesting. My garden looks so much better this year. I am so proud of it. Maybe I can get some pics posted on here.
Had to put up a fence between our yard and my neighbors yard today because my babies (kid goats) wouldn't stop wondering next door for fresher stuff to eat. Think they are getting tired of the same stuff in our yard. Guess there is some frest poison ivy over there for them to eat and get on me. As if I don't have enough poison ivy rash on me as is.
I wish everyone knew how wonderful I think my life is. There is something gratifying about raising your own food and working hard at it. When my husband or I come up with something new and creative to do to improve our lives it is so rewarding and satisfying. Even the unexpected things that happen can be wonderful.
I am trying to convince my husband right now that I need a couple fainting goats. I sooo hope we get them. I was researching them on the internet and I think they are really cool. I want some so bad. Can't wait to get them.
Time now to go work on a blanket I am crocheting. Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment